September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month across the globe. Gold is the color of Childhood Cancer Awareness for its meaning of compassion, courage, health and vitality – and is the chosen color of our own Eminence Kids Foundation logo. Around the world, athletes, celebrities, families and friends are bringing to light the plight of childhood cancer by donning gold in the form of gold ribbons, gilded frames and more on social media.
While the statistics of childhood cancer generated by the American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute are eye opening, the bravery of affected children is awe inspiring. The strength and connection of the families impacted by childhood cancer encourages more and more of us to lend a hand, especially this Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
4 Things You Should Know About Childhood Cancer
- Every few minutes, a child is diagnosed with cancer.
- Cancer is the number one disease-related cause of death for children.
- Though survival rates have improved, the occurrence of childhood cancer has risen.
- Two-thirds of children who survive cancer will endure chronic health conditions due to the toxic side effects of treatment (American Cancer Society, National Cancer Institute)
Eminence Kids Foundation’s Organic Meals Promote Healing
At the age of four, Eminence Organics’ President, Boldijarre Koronczay, was diagnosed with a rare form of childhood leukemia and given a slight chance of survival. Beating the odds, Boldijarre credits a large part of his recovery and health to his family’s commitment to organic nutrition.
Boldijarre is dedicated to sharing this gift of healthy, organic food with sick children and their families around the world. In 2013, the Koronczay family launched the Eminence Kids Foundation, which provides pure organic fruits and vegetables, along with fresh soups and juices to children undergoing treatment. To date, Eminence Kids has donated tens of thousands of organic meals to children and families combatting cancer and other serious illnesses.
How You Can Get Involved This Golden Month
You can help the Eminence Kids Foundation share nutritious meals packed with organic fruits and vegetables from the Eminence Organic Farm and our partner farms to children undergoing treatment in the United States, Canada, and Hungary. There are a number of ways for you to get involved this month – and year round:
- Donate – Your monetary contribution to Eminence Kids Foundation will gift a sick child a nutrient laden, healthy organic meal.
- Host an Event – Businesses and individuals worldwide are coming up with creative ways to raise awareness for childhood cancer. This summer, Live Love Spa contributed proceeds from their summer Spa Pop-Up event to the Eminence Kids Foundation.
- Volunteer – From volunteering at local organic farms to offering your services at long-term care facilities, we all can lend a hand to help a child with cancer. Throughout the year, Eminence Organics Skin Care employees share their warmth and smiles by creating colorful get well cards for sick children to lift their spirits. The Eminence team also gathers annually for an Eminence Kids Soup Night to cut, chop and prepare ingredients for healthy, organic soup donations.
How You Can Help Together With Eminence Organics
The Eminence Kids Foundation is active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter discussing the benefits of organic nutrition, sharing untold and heartfelt stories and providing information about upcoming events. As well, a portion of the sales from every Eminence Organic Skin Care product you purchase supports the Eminence Kids Foundation.